There are many things you can do at home and in your community.
- Start by changing your lightbulbs to LEDs and your shower head to a high efficiency, 1.5 gallon-per-minute model.
- Hire an energy auditor to learn what other improvements you can make to your home. (Or get a FREE energy audit if you host a Clean Energy House Party!)
- Share the Powered by Sunshine video with your friends, family and colleagues. https://youtu.be/oCJ3Gxu7-y4
- Contact your local elected officials, and tell them that this is the future you want for Nevada! You can look up who represents you in the legislature here: http://mapserve1.leg.state.nv.us/whoru/ and send them a message supporting 100% renewable energy by 2040!
- Host a Clean Energy House Party! Learn more HERE.
- Divest from fossil fuels: Shift all of your investments or retirement funds from fossil fuel stocks to renewable energy.
- Why, what's at stake? http://gofossilfree.org/usa/what-is-fossil-fuel-divestment/
- This website allows you to see what stocks are held by any mutual fund: https://fossilfreefunds.org/
- The US Sustainable Investment Forum has many great resources for reinvesting, including this chart of mutual funds, showing what screening tools are used by each, and identifies which ones have formal policies against investing in fossil fuels: http://charts.ussif.org/mfpc/
That box above is a link, and it works. Try it out. Donating will help you feel good about supporting clean energy, and will help us to make the magic happen. Please donate.